Company Profile Guide
You may be hearing a lot about company profiles lately. It’s said that they can make or break a business depending on how well or how badly they’re done. But what is a company profile? This question can be answered very simply: it’s a professional introduction to a business, written with the goal of showing the audience the aims and services of a business. A company profile can help introduce potential customers to your business by demonstrating to them that they need your services – even if they didn’t know they did before they read it! It also offers you a chance to make a great first impression on potential buyers. So how can you write one? We’ve put together a step by step guide for you on what company profile elements you should include.
Making a Company Profile
Follow these simple steps to get a great company profile that will attract attention.
- Create an overview. The first step should be to create an overview of your company. This should be short – aim for a few sentences. Think of this as your description. If this were a dating website, it would be your dating profile. The following tips below will help you create the overview; you can include all or none of them in it.
- Create a list of products and services. Let your customers know what you have to offer! This can be quite brief and can even be included in the overview, or it can be more detailed.
- Add a mission statement. A good mission statement should be concise and accurately reflect everything that your company stands for.
- List your core values. What’s most important to your company? Your core values can really give your customers a sense of who you are and what you stand for, which is helpful when they are first introduced to you.
- Decide on your goals. What are your goals as a company? What would you like to achieve in the future? What are you achieving now? This gives people a sense of where you might be in a few years’ time and lets them get to know you.
- Decide your audience. Now that you’ve got your overview, it’s time for more decisions. Who are you marketing to? Who buys your products the most? Do a little research and decide how best to aim for this audience.
- Choose a platform. Your final major choice will be what platform to use. You can have your profile on a website, on Facebook, on LinkedIn, or on another platform. Again, your target audience will play a role in helping you decide where you should land. Note: using multiple platforms is fine.
- Read platform specific guides. You’ll want to know how to use the platform you’re on, after all, so if you’re not terribly familiar with it, brush up on it a little bit. It’ll make it easier for you to understand the conventions and keep regular updates going.
- Update it frequently. Make sure that the information about your service is always up-to-date to avoid confusion with your customers and partners. If you have any new features, don’t wait up and include them in your profile straight away.
- Refine your target. If you find that a lot of young people are visiting your profile, consider pitching to them, not just to the grown businessmen who will be visiting. Or, if you have a contingent of elderly visitors who particularly enjoy your products, aim to them.
Amazing Corporate Profiles of Companies
All of these companies have chosen to go with paper company profiles – a bold choice which allows them to hand the profiles out at networking opportunities. However, if you choose to go with an online company profile, you can nevertheless utilize some of the same design principles to create a memorable and beautiful one.
This profile for San Martino is a beautiful pop-up book that shows the company’s statistics and figures as three-dimensional diagrams. The tactility of this design makes it unique and sure to stand out in the memory of any reader. Plus using statistics instead of plain text is always a good choice since not many people have good enough of an attention span to go through all of that. But numbers and charts – eye-catching and easy to remember.
ATV’S thick company profile is not intimidating because it’s separated into volumes that you can browse slowly. The beautiful cover graphics and bold use of yellow are particularly striking. Plenty of information can be packed into these profiles without any of it seeming overwhelming thanks to clever design.
The stunning graphics of ALU’s company profile show off its core attributes with uniquely industrial yet delicate structures made of letters. This is a beautiful way of showing off what really matters to you and making everyone who sees your profile sit up and look twice.
Find Your Niche with Company Profiles
A website company profile or simply a company’s profile is of the utmost importance for showing people what you stand for and how you’re planning to give them the best service. You can draw customers, inform existing customers, and make connections you couldn’t have before. Like any aspect of social media, it can be tricky to navigate, but it’s well worth it. If you’re not tech-savvy enough, or if you’re too busy, to create a company profile on your own, our team of media-savvy, technologically-knowledgeable professionals can help you. Your future returns will show you the value of this investment. Don’t wait to get started!