What Is a Company Profile?
A company profile is a concise description of a firm which can include its history, values, mission statement, its human and financial resources, and its goods and services, among other things. In essence, a company profile is a quick intro to a company that lets the reader know just who they’re reading about. Company profiles are very important for giving you a way to convey information to your customers. When people are thinking of engaging with you, or when they want to know who you are, your company profile will likely be their first resort for finding out the answers to their questions. But how can you create a good company profile? We have some suggestions.
The History of Company Profiles
First, it’s important that you know a little bit about the history of company profiles. Paper company profiles have been being produced since before the internet, but online company profiles are where things really started to take off. In the 1990s, the advent of the internet meant many companies got websites. The convention of having an “about us” page developed slowly, as the rules of the internet standardized. The company profile really developed from the “about us” page. Nowadays, it’s considered good form to add numbers to the company profile, such as financial and human resources. It’ll be interesting to see how the company profile changes in the future!
Check out some great company profile ideas from world’s well-known brands!
Company Profile Tips
These tips will help you get on your way to writing a great company profile in no time.
- Keep it concise. When writing a corporate profile, it’s important to keep your information compact. You don’t want to bore the reader by making them read a lot; it makes them forget the important stuff and lose interest.
- Decide on your audience. When you’re doing branding activities like this, you want to decide who it’s most important for you to appeal to. This gives you an idea of what you’re aiming for in terms of content.
- Choose the right platform. In line with choosing your audience, deciding where you want to have your profile helps you fine-tune your market. Keep in mind the age groups of the various platforms you’re deciding on. Using multiple platforms is fine if you’re able to update them all.
- Present your objectives positively. Ultimately, your aim is to make your company look great. List your objectives and your values in such a way as to make yourselves look good. Create a favourable impression on the reader and show them what you stand for.
- Get creative about your information presentation. Active word choices are good. So are interesting graphics. Plenty of images keep your reader interested. Presenting, say, statistics as an image instead of text can really help liven things up.
- Don’t skimp on design. Web design can be expensive, sure, but it’s well worth it when you realize what an impression you’re making. A plain, boring, vanilla design will make you look like every other mediocre company out there. Something made to showcase your company and your strengths will make a much stronger impression.
- Be honest. Don’t claim growth that isn’t there – it’s shady and can make investors distrust you. Be realistic about your goals for the company and, generally, present yourself as you really are. Customers like to see businesses that are forthright and honest.
- Include basic info. How the company is governed, where a lot of the money goes, and other such details can make you look transparent, a desirable impression to give.
- Keep it up to date. Post news and updates regularly to your profile. That way people know you’re keeping up with things. This will also give you the impression of being easy to contact since your audience will know you’re online frequently.
- Call attention to achievements. Particularly useful to do when you’re updating your news, achievements and milestones give you something to talk about and make you look good in the bargain.
5 Essential Steps to Creating a Company Profile
There is so much more to creating a company profile than what meets the eye. It is the skilful use of words and paragraphs that bring out the very best in an establishment. Creating company profile material requires following a process that leads to the ultimate result. The following are five essential steps:
- Define the company before creating a company profile. This may sound simple but the definition must be no more than 500 600 words. That is the number of words ordinarily acceptable for blogs and for search engines. It takes a fair amount of editing to get it done properly.
- Assign the writer. There is a cautionary note for every company on this task. It is fairly easy to assign this to an intern or personal assistant. However, that person should have an understanding of marketing. If he or she has never had experience in writing copy for advertising or promotional material, it may be better to go with someone else.
- Establish the keywords when creating company profile. Company profiles are an important part of e-commerce and the text should have appropriate keywords to attract the search engines. The best of all possible outcomes is that the keywords on the company profile cause the corporate link to be on the first page of any search engine result.
- Make it original. The content of a company profile should not be a copy and paste product. The sentences and paragraphs must be unique to the company. That makes the writing a little bit more involved, but the story must be that of the company itself and not a repeat of somebody else’s tale.
- Proofread and edit all of the work. This is perhaps the most important part of the process. The profile must be perfect with no misspellings or grammatical errors. Moreover, it should be checked to be sure that no plagiarism has accidentally happened. Copying work from some other site can lead to some serious problems, including possible litigation. For creating corporate company profile you can also follow 9 tips that will lead you to effective results.
Company Profile Online Makes the It Stand Out
The best place for company information is online. Company profile information can be a message to an Internet community numbering in the millions. It is a way to broadcast the qualities of both service and product. Company profile online information has to be done properly in order to be successful. It is more than just posting a phrase or two. Nobody wants to be annoyed by tedious sentences. If the content is poor then it is no surprise that visitors move on quickly. It takes some effort to prepare online material but it is worth it. Good content can hold a person for up-to-the-minute and that is almost a lifetime in e-commerce.
Company Profile Is Important
Your company profile is among the most important aspects of your business. Without one, you’ll find it difficult to draw investors and customers alike. With a mediocre one, your customers will have a bad impression of you. But with a great one, you’ll get a flood of interest that will invigorate your business and help you further your goals. If you’re struggling to write your company profile, don’t worry. We can help you get well on your way to an amazing one. We have a staff of company profile writers who are experienced in writing and designing company profiles. All you have to do is reach out and ask for help.